Follow the tips below, and you’ll increase the likelihood of your content being shared, which will in turn generate traffic for your business. Here’s a 47-Point Checklist to help you get on the right track.
Let’s start with the 7 Warning Signs of an ineffective website
Most websites fail due to the same reasons. We see it over and over again. And the result is always the same; the business loses out on valuable income. Avoid these common pitfalls and your website will deliver a return on your investment.
- Your website copy is long and winded
- Web users scan-read. They’re not going wade through streams of content just to get to the golden nugget of information hidden at the end.
- You’re using a cheap but slow web host
- Website speed is a BIG factor as to whether someone stays or leaves your website.
- You haven’t designed trust and credibility into your website
- If your website is ugly and confusing, your visitors will take one look and head off to somewhere less dodgy.
- You don’t have an effective sales conversion plan
- When the web visitor leaves without hitting a goal page, you have just lost a potential lead.
- You’re not grabbing their details before they leave
- Give away a bunch of free resources and tools. Checklists. Cheatsheets. Something of value to encourage them to submit their details.
- You’re not telling them what to do
- Don’t give your web visitors 13 options. Give them one straight-up call to action.
- You don’t follow through with smart email marketing
- Email nurturing is a great way to build trust; a way for you to connect.
So…how does your website rate?
Is your website making one or all of these seven mistakes? Do you feel as though your business is losing out on valuable income?
These are only a few of the items that you need to take note of in order to grow you business and online presence. Download our 47-Point Checklist now to see what other aspects of your website needs some TLC.
Good luck and don’t forget to reach out if you have any questions.